Friday, October 29, 2010

Just Me

A really good friend of mine, Maya, used to tell me when I was not acting like myself around guys or when I was putting others around me down in order to make myself look better. She was a huge help because I didn't know I was doing it. Now that I am four years removed from that time, I can tell when I am not being real or when I act a different way. Why do I do it? The same reason everyone does. We want to be liked and we are willing to change ourselves in order to be liked.

It dawned on me again this week that I have been guilty of this. The boy? (Because we all know that I am interested in a boy always) I will just refer to him as TDH (tall dark handsome). TDH is someone that I really like and when I am around him, strange things happen. But since this realization, I am going to make a conscious effort to be more myself around him. If he does not like the real me, then I do not want to be with him anyways.

Well, I will be someone else for the next two days while it's Halloween, then I will go back to being me. The real me. By the way, my costume is awesome!!! Just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment